These are the WordPress plugins that I’m using here:
- Language Switcher to allow the visitor to switch between German and English.
If you want to write your comments in both languages, you can do it like this:
[lang_de]Dieser Text erscheint nur bei deutscher Einstellung.[/lang_de]
[lang_en]This text only appears in English language setting.[/lang_en]
Text außerhalb erscheint immer / text outside appears always.
- myGallery for the image galleries (incl. the random picture on the right)
- WP-PageNavi for the better page navigation
Single posts and comments:
- WP-Polls for the polls. ***
- Exec-PHP, um PHP in Beiträgen ausführen zu können – insb. für Unterscheidungen wie
Based on ; I added “more/less” links (for the many smileys whose codes can be added to the theme’s
functions.phpor a simple plugin) and a few simple format buttons (see comment field). I didn’t have the time yet to write a proper documentation, so, for now, just this brief description:
The contains a guide; my modifications can be configured at the beginning of the PHP file (no admin page, sorry), and you should add suitable definitions to your theme’s stylesheet.
Download: sfjb.zip contains
smiley_format_js_buttons.php, which, as usual, must be copied to the
wp-content/pluginsdirectory and then activated.
- AJAX Comment Preview: Preview of comments with complete WordPress processing (quotes, formatting, smilies). * ***
- WP AJAX Edit Comments: Commentators can edit their comments for a certain time to correct typos etc. * ***
- WP-PostViews enables you to display how many times a post/page had been viewed. ** ***
- Search Phrases registers and displays the search phrases that took users to this blog. *
- WordPress.com Stats (and DoNotTrack to bridle it).
- Feed Statistics shows subscriber and post statistics.
- FeedStats shows total feed requests.
- Better Feed can e.g. include a footer with copyright in the RSS feeds.
* With my adaptions for translation
** With more adaptions/modifications by me
If you want my modifications, you can have them on request until I publish them “properly” in the future.
Other functions which are no plugins but directly integrated into the theme:
- For the animated info box in the top right corner (managed with a blogroll category), see here.
- The musical quotes are stored in a “custom field” with the posts/pages and displayed by a simple function that is called in the theme at the appropriate places.
- The list of these quotes as well as the recent search phrases are displayed via a function that can add text to the output depending on the post’s numerical ID.
- Many smilies are from Kolobok.
- And several others…
You want to know more about it? Just ask!