A mixture of baton, blog recommendation, and award, called “Brillante Weblog Premio 2008”, apparently made its way from the Italian or Spanish speaking world into the German blogosphere…
And in spite of the danger that an award that’s spread too far loses its value, I’ll join in and pass it on to other blogs – it reached me from Julia with the words (in my translation):
“Andreas/cimddwc must appear, too, of course, because he superbly takes apart pseudosciences, holds a great music quiz and in general competently deals with subjects I’m interested in myself.”
Thanks a lot!
However, I’ll modify the original instructions
The winner may show the logo on his blog.1 He must link to the person who gave him the award and may pass it on to at least seven more blogs. These blogs must also be linked to and notified about the award.
such that not only I’ll leave the notification to the automatic functions of the blog software (like others already did), but also make mentioning and linking (and passing on) optional – that is, you may just enjoy the award and do nothing yourself.
Basically, I could pass this award baton right back to Julia, for she’d deserve this prize from me, too – following the baton aspect, however, I’ll pick seven other blogs which (hopefully) didn’t have it yet… so these are the blogs I’m giving this award to (in (almost) alphabetical order; only two in English, though, plus one with many photos):
- Bad Astronomy (redirects to his new home on Discover Magazine’s site) – Phil Plait about the beauty of the universe and science in general and the stupidity of various anti-sciences.
- Begrenzte Wissenschaft – fulfilling his own description “About culture of science and science in culture: about connections, consequences, misunderstandings and intentional dumbing” (my translation) with flying colors. (But, yeah, it’s German, as you can see…)
- Facing my life – with a camera, that is, with which Crosa takes numerous fantastic photos.
- Friendly Atheist – the title should tell what this readable blog is about…
- StoiBär – political and everyday stuff to the point.
- Wirbelwebber – you could say it’s anything but a woman’s blog.
And the newcomer prize, if you will, goes to:
- Lexikon der bösen Gedanken – stating in a funny/satirical/cynical way what others might not dare to say.
So in this spirit, thanks to you (and many more bloggers) for your brilliant posts!
- But please copy it to your own webspace, if possible, and don’t hotlink it directly from here. [↩]
A set of stars and a crescent moon, made out of this plastic that glows greenish in the dark – “a great non-cash prize of low value with poor usefullness factor” (my translation), won at Phase 5’s rebus (German)!
Arrived yesterday, thanks, Herschel – If I got a use for it? Of course, we’ll see…
Optimist that I am, I regard this prize as the start of a series of prizes, e.g. at the blogger raffles I participated recentl… h wie ich bin, diesen Gewinn als Auftakt zu einer Serie von Gewinnen z.B. bei den Blogger-Preisausschreiben, an denen ich ja kürzlich teilgenommen hatte… Goddess of luck, you got that??
The second place of “Word of the Year” (in Germany) is the “winner” of the “un-word” (doublespeak) 2007: Herdprämie ≈ hearth bonus. Number 2 and 3 are “klimaneutral” (climate neutral) and “entartet” (degenerate) – read more (as long as the Informationsdienst Wissenschaft (shouldn’t they translate press releases if they offer an “English” link??).is not updated yet) e.g. at
…aber sowas schon mal: Diese CD, die ich bei JuliaL49s 2. Liedzeilen-Quiz gewonnen habe und die heute angekommen ist – nach , der Gewinnerin des ersten Quizzes, anonymisiert abgebildet:
Julia meinte, auf der Liste der zur Auswahl stehenden CDs wären ziemlich peinliche Sachen – was nur teilweise zutrifft, denn ich stimme zu, diese CD kann man noch als einigermaßen anständig gelten lassen… und z.B. auch den Untoten, den ich gewählt hätte, wenn ich ihn nicht schon hätte, aber dieser wilde Garten war eine gute Alternative (um Titel bzw. Interpret mal zu umschreiben)…