- Friendly Atheist). – commen arguments for god and why they don’t work (via
- Brian Greene about knowledge, science and scientists: (via Diax’s Rake)
- A poem: The ABCs of skepticism – A Poem Beyond Belief by Phil Plait
- A German mysticism satire:
- A German verdict: Advertizing with “healing stones” is misleading (via @GWUP)
- A video: BlogDrauf) (via
Just some German politics…
One could start to believe that Turkey is apporaching America (and somehow also Germany, unfortunately) regarding the utilization of lawyers and courts: The mayor of the city of Batman in south-east Turkey wants to sue the producer of the Batman movie – that is, the comic hero movie – because the name was used without agreement from the city.
Apart from the wee fact that Batman, the comic hero, is almost 70 years old and the Batman man is a little late – why sue at all? Why not use the homonymy touristically, for advertising? How about a Batman amusement park in Batman?
Oh, no, probably the Batman people are afraid that those owning the comic rights sue them – or demand horrendous license fees – if they’d use Batman just like that for Batman…
Hopefully he manufacturers of baseball and other bats don’t jump on the bandwagon. Or pet shop owners. Or Dracula.