- Why I am Boycotting the 2014 Winter Olympics
- How Many People Did God Slaughter in the Bible? Millions!
- A magnet levitates along a Möbius strip (via BA)
Just some German politics…
Short and sweet:
- LOST: Three seasons in 8 minutes (with ads before; via aptgetupdate)
- “Human Tetris” (or something like that): , and the
- Thoughts about the German president signing the data retention law (German; at IQ-Atrophie)
Somewhat natural that all data, once collected, induces greediness in areas that have nothing to do with the originally mentioned and intended cause – here protection from terror –, no matter if they are useful for that in the first place:
The legal committee of the German Bundesrat (federal council) apparently wants to use this retained data for civil-law information requests from rights owners like the music or movie industry… what will be next?
For the class action suit against data retention (in Germany), organized by the Arbeitskreis Vorratsdatenspeicherung here, you have to register and mail your power of attorney by 19 Nov 2007 – so don’t hesitate too long!
Important: To participate, you must register AND mail the downloadable standard power of attorney form signed by you. Except for this postage (and maybe your internet access), there will be no costs.