Before Google started to use their camera cars, they tried rather inadequate methods first:
- More nice photos at The Big Picture: Silhouettes and 100 years old color photos from Russia.
- The origins of the Latin alphabet (via Spreeblick)
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog – a sentence often used for typography samples because it uses all 26 letters. But also something that may occur in reality (at about 1:20 in the video) (via Josie):
- Oh, and there’s a new animation from Simon’s Cat, but that’s been shown in so many blogs already that I just link to the video.
- Great black-and-white photos from his “Quadrants” series at Marcel’s.
- And lest we forget that volcano with its unpronounceable name, here’s a video with shockwaves (via Bad Astronomy)
(Something was embedded as Flash object here. Not exactly sensible anymore.)
- Arguably the song of the week – Tim Minchin’s Pope Song (NSFW). Here in a subtitled version; see the for full lyrics below the video.
And if you’re upset about how the pope’s treated here, you better listen to the lyrics more closely…
- What? Contradictions in the bible? Is this possible?^^ See this cartoon quiz show (via ):