Now what are the results – as far as they concern myself – of the incredible TV muck, erm, “experiment” called “Uri Geller live – Ufos & Aliens” about which I reported more or less live?
- A new record on Saturday that didn’t last long: WP.com-Stats counted 2826 page views (probably not 12am CET being their limit, but UTC), including 768 for the pre-report and 1120 for the live report. The best value since the start of my blog, even better than the 2549 in February – also thanks to Uri Geller.
The visitor run continued on Sunday: 3068 total, 1126 for the pre-report and 809 for the live report. On early Sunday afternoon, the average of the last 6 months was already reached in November.
- Almost all searchers arrived at the pre-report initially – which I expected and placed a big link there. (And of course this also contributed to the high total page views.) The pre-report was also in Google.de’s top 5 for several search word combinations, sometimes even ahead of ProSieben, the show’s TV station. And the highest-placed blog.
- Bloggerei.de counted on Saturday until midnight 423 unique visitors1 for the live report, which was enough for no. 12 in the top topics list; there were a total of 1295 visitors on Saturday. (Which also means that another estimated 350-400 visitors were satisfied with the pre-report. Or unsatisfied and left again. Or didn’t notice the link after all.)
On Sunday, I temporarily reached no. 5 in the top topics and rank 28 in the top blogs list, as far as I noticed (there’s no history) – 2110 unique visitors total, about 700 for the live report.
Addendum: Originally I had left out the data from browser-statistik.de in order to not overload this post with numbers, but since Jan, who operates the site, cried so heart-rendingly (“ ”), I added them now: 2751 pages accessed by 1111 visitors on Saturday, 3061 pages by 2002 visitors on Sunday. Which put me on no. 9 on the charts there.
- According to whos.amung.us, there were up to 53 online at the same time – even if that tool isn’t known for its reliability, it rather has outages (sometimes for hours) than counting too much.
- Originally I had planned to update my report in every or every other commercial break – but when there still was none on 9pm (there apparently were rather few commercial customers), I quickly uploaded the first part (in German) anyway; after all, there were already several readers and a few comments.
- 13 commenters wrote 35 comments during the show; more were added later on – thanks!
The ratings were surprisingly low, rather disastrous for ProSieben – here’s the top 5 of Saturday’s primetime (source: teletexts):
|Sat.1||Chronicles of Narnia (movie)||5.56 Mio.||18.9%||3.25 Mio||27.6%|
|RTL||Das Supertalent (casting show)||5.55 Mio.||18.8%||3.09 Mio.||26.2%|
|ARD||Musikantenstadl (“folk” music)||5.32 Mio.||17.8%|
|ZDF||Unter Verdacht (TV movie)||4.57 Mio.||15.2%|
|Pro7||Uri Geller live||1.40 Mio.||4.8%||0.85 Mio.||7.3%|
|Rerun on Sunday morning||0.54 Mio.||6.1%||0.38 Mio.||8.6%|
Now does ARD being that far ahead of Pro7 speak for the intelligence of the TV audience or against it…?
- 423? 42 and 23 blended together? Conspiracy!!!! [↩]