Good feeling if you can crumple an A4-sized sheet full of things to do and toss it in the bin because everything is done… and thus my new theme is finished already today! A few notes:
- I made the theme myself. (I used the default theme as code base, but there’s not much left of it.) It’s hard to publish because there a quite a few things tailored to specifics of y blog; and including header images isn’t trivial either (besides I’m not sure about the redistribution licence of some of the photos (those I didn’t make myself))…
- Default fonts are the “C” fonts from Microsoft – Calibri (text), Cambria (headlines), Constantia (poems etc.), Consolas (code); I don’t use Candara and Corbel here – which are included with Windows Vista and Office 2007 (and the free PowerPoint viewer) (» ). They’re optimized for ClearType font smoothing and look quite elegant then – the first screenshot shows the “ideal” example (for those who don’t have the fonts); the second shows IE6 without smoothing and with the substitute fonts (Tahoma etc.):
- Some rounded elements (e.g. the search box in the top right corner) need a sensible browser for this display.
- Instead of four randomly selected small header images there’s just one per month now – but larger. (With a few exceptions with additional images, such as on new year’s day.)
- If you notice any errors – or something that looks ugly – please tell me. And I don’t mind any expressios of opinions.
- Update: … and the comments now are working again (thanks for the info)… seems I tested that only in my WP2.7 beta test installation.